Please share your Asherman's experience.

Tags: ashermans, infertility, scar, tissue

Views: 1242

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hello ladies! I'm Cyndi, and although newTo this group, unfortunatly not new to ashermans. I was officially diagnosed 3 years ago after close to 12 years of asking Why I wasn't getting a period anymore. Here is my story; I got my first periodWhen I was about 13. Had no issues or complications. When I was 18 I had to have back surgery. The Day I went in for surgery was the day I was due to get My period. I haven't had it Since!! I had major complications Post op, including internal bleeding. I was discharged without any longterm Complications, or so I thought. I've been thru 10 obgyn telling me at first itWas ok that I didn't get one and not to worry until I wanted to get pregnant. Well that time came 3 years ago. My husband and I went to see Dr Klein. He performed myFirst hysteroscopy and told us that the scarring was so extensive that surrogacy was the only option!! It hit me hard, and took me a good two more years to feel like my fight wasn't over I had a hysteroscopy back in November and serial bloodwork and ultrasounds weekly. My new dr was able to open my cavity close to 80% and visualized my right tube. Praying for a period didn't seem to make a difference, still nothing. Just last week he did a saline sonogram and in office hysteroscopy to find out that I had some cervical agglutination and re scarring. I'm now scheduled for an in hospital one in April. I feel like if this doesnt take theI'm done. I don't want to put my husband and my body thru anymore. Thankfully he has 2 kids from a previous marraige. I'm so torn. Thank you for letting me be a part of this special group of women. It helps that we all know what eachother is feeling
It has been a few years since I posted...
After over 30 surgeries, 3 IVF's and one failed surrogacy...we have adopted a beautiful baby boy straight from the hospital. He just turned 2.
My story didn't end up with success beating Asherman's but others have. Keep trying until you are at peace with your efforts!

Wow Karen! Congrats on your little boy! That's quite a success story to me!

Karen said:

It has been a few years since I posted...
After over 30 surgeries, 3 IVF's and one failed surrogacy...we have adopted a beautiful baby boy straight from the hospital. He just turned 2.
My story didn't end up with success beating Asherman's but others have. Keep trying until you are at peace with your efforts!
Thanks to all for your shared insight and experiences... They really helped me through my own Asherman's experience.

I had a d&e in Sept 2013, used provera Dec 2013. Menstrual cycles were very painful & very light (1 pad could have gotten me through the entire 2-3 days). I knew something was wrong so I went to an infertility Dr in March 2014. Amazing Dr in Philadelphia, she went right to trying to find the problem. Had an hsg in early May, surgery a month later. My scar tissue was a few firm strands in the middle of my uterus.
5 days post op and I'm feeling better each day, hoping to start trying in a month.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Free eBook Download

Follow

Bridgers

Fertility and Infertility Information

© 2014   Created by Bridge To Baby.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Get tips, support and hookups for a healthier, more fertile you!

* indicates required
Close